Zum Inhalt springen

Trail/XC riding anyone?

beanbag
 Teilen

Empfohlene Beiträge

Hi all,

I'm totally new here and I don't speak any German unfortunately. Sorry!!! However, I'm wondering if anyone here would be up for a bit of trail riding / XC around Vienna?

I'm quite a beginner as I've done nothing too extreme, but if there are any groups out there who go regularly and wouldn't mind a new guy joining them, I'd be up for that!

Cheers! :U:

Nick

--------------------------------------

'06 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp

Hi Nick,

if your last name starts with "A" and ends up with "y", then I would wet my pants :D. But I assume, that there is more than one Nick out there.

In this forum are a lot of groups with different interests like "counting the kilometers", aggressive XC riding or insane vertriding. I would say, that the most enjoyable area is the south-west part of Vienna, including Perchtoldsdorf and Mödling in Lower Austria.

You can start a thread there. That is the section where the riders set the meetings, simply start a topic and include some information in the header like: "MTB trail riding around Vienna".

Where are you from - where do you stay/live atm?

cheers

OLLi

Hi lads,

Cheers for the info. I ended up around the North of Vienna coming back into the 19th district so it wasn't too bad. I managed to find some reasonable trails too so not a bad day out!

But back to other business....sorry PitchShifter, but I'm not the fella you would wet your pants with! ;)

I'm from the UK originally but I'm living and working in Vienna now.

But give me a shout if you're up for a rag around the trails. I'm away on my holidays from this Friday until the 3rd September, but let me know after then. As I said, I'm a total beginner as I've never done anything too extreme but I'm always up for new stuff!!!

But back to other business....sorry PitchShifter, but I'm not the fella you would wet your pants with! ;)

:rofl::rofl:

Hi,

sounds quite good, welcome at the "Bikeboard". What are you working as an in which district are you living.

A lot of users here are from Vienna and quite a few (probably around 30) seem to have a similar attitude towards mountainbiking. We like to ride up the hills in a moderate tempo an try to find some interesting trails, which demand more or less advanced skills. However, there are not too many of them, but definitely enough.

If you aren't interested in those thrilling moments, there are, of course, even more Bikers who just love to ride some relaxing tours around Vienna (taking a look on a map, you can see at once that the majority of the trails are located in the North-West, West and South-West of Vienna).

And don't worry about not being able to speak German.

I think all of us speek English and it does us quite well to search the back of our mind for some dusty English-skills we once had.

ps: i was wondering how you got notice of the "Bikeboard"...

Thanks for the welcome! :D

I'm living in the 3rd district right now so it's easy enough to get about Vienna.

I'm defianately more up for the thrilling moments!!! I tend to get a little bored on the sedate trails plus I'm not much of a fan of going up the hills... ;) I tend to prefer going down them :D

But in any case, I'll defiantely put a post on here once I get home from my holidays and it'll be good to meet anyone interested in coming out and not being held back a little by a noobie!!

Speak to all when I'm back!

P.S. A colleague of mine from work told me about this place when my old Kona was stolen. I put a post on here wondering if people had any information......

Dein Kommentar

Du kannst jetzt schreiben und Dich später registrieren. Wenn Du ein Konto hast, melde Dich jetzt an, um unter Deinem Benutzernamen zu schreiben.

Gast
Auf dieses Thema antworten...

×   Du hast formatierten Text eingefügt.   Formatierung jetzt entfernen

Nur 75 Emojis sind erlaubt.

×   Dein Link wurde automatisch eingebettet.   Einbetten rückgängig machen und als Link darstellen

×   Dein vorheriger Inhalt wurde wiederhergestellt.   Editor leeren

×   Du kannst Bilder nicht direkt einfügen. Lade Bilder hoch oder lade sie von einer URL.

Teilen

• Neu erstellen...