Zum Inhalt springen

From Finland

Gast Finland fixie
 Teilen

Empfohlene Beiträge

Gast Finland fixie

Hi all!

I am visiting my friends who study in Graz. I fly to Wien and ride my single-speed to Graz. I planned to pack my bike in a cardboard box. When I fly back, I need a new box. Where should I go to get one? Any good cycling shops in Wien?

I will also have a day in Wien to just bike around. Is there any special things that I shoud check out?

Is it Ok to travel by train with a bike? I planned to take the train back from Graz to Wien... Is that possible? And what is the best way to get to the airport (once I have packed my bike in the box...)?

Best regards,

Sara from Helsinki, Finland

hallo!

there are some shops, which should help you.

citybiker.at has a lot of fancy bikes. not so cheap and kind of "new school", but very nice people, who have said boxes.

than there is the http://fixdich.at shop. also very nice people, small boutique, but opens just from thursday to saturdays, as far as i remember.

some other nice bikeshops, not as specialized on fixed gears are:

Radhaus Raimund Singer, Reichsratsstrasse 13, 1010 Wien

http://www.cycle-circle.com/ (1040 wien)

www.fahrrad.co.at. (1060 wien)

Sporthaus RIH, 2., Praterstraße 48, 1020 wien, Tel. 214 51 80, Mo-Fr 8.30-18 Uhr.

If you don't know vienna, get a city map and ride around the center, it's all pretty close and you can basically get all the historically or otherwise relevant buildings in one day, it depends on what you would like to check out. there are a few spots, where (fixedgear-)cyclists hang around, Schwarzenbergplatz for example, but it varies from day to day, especially in autumn.

as far as i heard, if you pack your bike in a box or bag, you can take it on any train, because they'll see it as luggage. but there are also some trains with the "bike" option, the problem is, you should reserve it beforehand (there is a limited number of bikes per train) and it cotst a few €uros more.

once you have packed in vienna, and if you don't want to go by bike or cab, there are trains going to the airport. there is the CAT airport train, where you can basically check-in on the train station, but i think it costs twice as much as the normal train going to Airport Schwechat, which should also take your bike. i think most of the trains leave at Landstraße and Rennweg.

have phun & a nice trip!

Hi!

You should get a box in every Bikeshop, e.g. Citybiker / Cyclopia / Cooperative / ...

Travel by train with bike can be annoying. Better ask at the trainstation in Graz which trains are for bike transport.

From Vienna to the Airpot you can go by train, its very easy. The comfortablest way is via taxi.

Gast Finland fixie

Thank you both for your answers. I have lived in Wien for two years, but it was 92-03. So I know what I want to see, but I thought it would be nice to visit bike related places like fixed gear specialized shops and so on. I will see what I find! :)

Thanks!

Dein Kommentar

Du kannst jetzt schreiben und Dich später registrieren. Wenn Du ein Konto hast, melde Dich jetzt an, um unter Deinem Benutzernamen zu schreiben.

Gast
Auf dieses Thema antworten...

×   Du hast formatierten Text eingefügt.   Formatierung jetzt entfernen

Nur 75 Emojis sind erlaubt.

×   Dein Link wurde automatisch eingebettet.   Einbetten rückgängig machen und als Link darstellen

×   Dein vorheriger Inhalt wurde wiederhergestellt.   Editor leeren

×   Du kannst Bilder nicht direkt einfügen. Lade Bilder hoch oder lade sie von einer URL.

Teilen

• Neu erstellen...