Zum Inhalt springen

Sagen Sie vor hat den Deckel aufgeschnitten.

Teilen

Empfohlene Beiträge

tire outside?

when having an old tire, cut away plam sized parts from the flanks, put 2 sided sticky tape on and keep it in back-/saddlebag.

When having a cut, pull off tire, remove from rim, get off protecting cover from 2 sided tape on patch and "glue" patch in at the inside.

Put everything on rim again and inflate, pressure keeps patch in place, bike home and then remove damaged tire with a new one

(use damaged tire for getting patches again and keep a few, give rest to bike friends)

I once fixed a 2cm cut on my town/urban bike. Someone tried his knif on my tire :(

I fixed it with sticky tape from the inside (fibre reinforced), placed a piece of rubber on the inside too and then I sewed the cut together.

Always mount the demaged tire on your rear wheel and don't go too fast or on steep descents!

It worked out very well for about 5 months with 2,5 Bar pressure. Then one day I forgot about it and inflated the tire to 4 Bar.. within one day the thread cut itself through the rubber.. As the cut was a little open now the sticky tape started to desintegrate. After 2 weeks the hose was visible from the outside.. then I finally dumped the tire (cut intp pieces like proposed by yellow).

I do not recommend that for offroad use.

Better get a new tire.

Since that time I have a needle and thread in my "fix a tire" box.. just to keep it going.

I once fixed a 2cm cut on my town/urban bike. Someone tried his knif on my tire :(

I fixed it with sticky tape from the inside (fibre reinforced), placed a piece of rubber on the inside too and then I sewed the cut together.

Always mount the demaged tire on your rear wheel and don't go too fast or on steep descents!

It worked out very well for about 5 months with 2,5 Bar pressure. Then one day I forgot about it and inflated the tire to 4 Bar.. within one day the thread cut itself through the rubber.. As the cut was a little open now the sticky tape started to desintegrate. After 2 weeks the hose was visible from the outside.. then I finally dumped the tire (cut intp pieces like proposed by yellow).

I do not recommend that for offroad use.

Better get a new tire.

Since that time I have a needle and thread in my "fix a tire" box.. just to keep it going.

Danke

• 2 Wochen später...

Dein Kommentar

Du kannst jetzt schreiben und Dich später registrieren. Wenn Du ein Konto hast, melde Dich jetzt an, um unter Deinem Benutzernamen zu schreiben.

Gast
Auf dieses Thema antworten...

×   Du hast formatierten Text eingefügt.   Formatierung jetzt entfernen

Nur 75 Emojis sind erlaubt.

×   Dein Link wurde automatisch eingebettet.   Einbetten rückgängig machen und als Link darstellen

×   Dein vorheriger Inhalt wurde wiederhergestellt.   Editor leeren

×   Du kannst Bilder nicht direkt einfügen. Lade Bilder hoch oder lade sie von einer URL.

Teilen

• Neu erstellen...