Zum Inhalt springen

"Keine Hippies und Abenteurer mehr"

biker-vie
 Teilen

Empfohlene Beiträge

Im Guardian bike blog vom 12.4.2016 schreibt Tom Marriage:

[...] The focus has moved to sportives, to carbon fibre frames, to Rapha Sky-branded kits, to gels, training techniques, times, pace and cadence. The aspiration is no longer to get lost, to enjoy and to explore: the aspiration is to do stages of the Tour, watch races, spend more money, own the best stuff, be the quickest. And it bores the shit out of me.So pervasive is this trend that it seems to be sucking the life out of other parts of cycling. It’s hard to find the hippies and the explorers any more. It’s all about the competition and the conformity.A classic south London ride (over Crystal Palace, out to Oxted) has become a miserable slog of unsmiling, un-nodding pink and black Lycra-clad sports cyclists. There’s no bonhomie or camaraderie, just wrap-around glasses and steely determination to overtake.And the chat is about bikes and times, Strava segments, with the same fervour dull men use to talk about football teams. People are less and less likely to talk about experiences, the things the’ve seen, the places they’ve been, the fun and epic hardship they’ve experienced. They’re less and less likely to talk about the joy of cycling. Again, it bores the shit out of me.This sounds like a reactionary rant, and that’s because it is. I should be able to just let these people get on with it and live and let live, or even just take joy in the fact that there are so many more people who love cycling in any way they like.But I can’t, and I have my reasons. First, I don’t like being looked down on. I don’t like being characterised as less of a cyclist because I can’t be arsed with sportives and would rather get lost than go hard.Second, I think it pollutes the rest of the culture. This pernicious strand of macho sport orthodoxy is creeping into all parts of cycling. It’s starting to be the norm. Bike shops are geared towards it, bike blogs are geared towards it, conversations around cycling are geared towards it. You mention you like cycling, now that comes with an expectation that you are a certain type of person; alpha male, serious, competitive, buyer of bikes, regurgitator of facts.Moreover, I worry that this fake professionalisation in leisure cycling hides the joy from people who might otherwise have got involved.Third, it’s just another example of something lovely, free and non-corporate being turned into a mega industry. And that makes me sad. Can’t we have some things which don’t get packaged up, branded and marketed? Isn’t there any part of life where I can experience a freedom from corporatism without have my experience re-packaged and sold back to me? [...]

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/bike-blog/2016/apr/12/no-more-hippies-and-explorers-lament-for-the-changed-world-of-cycling

In (bis jetzt) 1461 Kommentaren wird Marriages reactionary rant dann zerrissen oder zustimmend death to lycra gerufen.

Etwas wahres steckt sicher in den Überlegungen zur fake professionalisation in leisure cycling, von Sportartikelherstellern und -verkäufern nach Kräften gefördert. Eventuell interessiert es ja den einen oder anderen von euch und man kann die Glosse als Anstoß zu eigenen Überlegungen oder Diskussionen nutzen.

Servus

:bump:

Im Guardian bike blog vom 12.4.2016 schreibt Tom Marriage:

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/bike-blog/2016/apr/12/no-more-hippies-and-explorers-lament-for-the-changed-world-of-cycling

In (bis jetzt) 1461 Kommentaren wird Marriages reactionary rant dann zerrissen oder zustimmend death to lycra gerufen.

Etwas wahres steckt sicher in den Überlegungen zur fake professionalisation in leisure cycling, von Sportartikelherstellern und -verkäufern nach Kräften gefördert. Eventuell interessiert es ja den einen oder anderen von euch und man kann die Glosse als Anstoß zu eigenen Überlegungen oder Diskussionen nutzen.

Servus

:bump:

Netter Beitrag. Eines ist gewiss. Mit dem beschriebenen Problem, steht der Radsport ned alleine da. Das gibts in nahezu jedem Lebensbereich. Gottlob. Sonst müsst ich ja mit jedem gut Freund und ihm zugeneigt sein.

Bearbeitet von shroeder

Sehe ich ähnlich - so ist das eben bei Massensportarten, besonders wenn teure Technik zu verkaufen ist. Es muss aber nicht immer das sudern über die anderen sein, man fragt sich vielleicht selbst auch manchmal - um was geht's: Technikfetisch und Einkaufen oder tatsächlich ausgeführten (Hobby-)Sport, der auch Spaß macht?

Ich hab diese Erfahrung schon in den letzten Jahren gemacht. Gas geben is schon zwischendurch fein und den eigenen Wettkampfhund zu überwinden, das ist auch nett. Aber am Ende ist das nix im Vergleich zum Radlfahren ohne Zeit. :) Die ganzen Strava Freaks die ich so kenne, biken mittlerweile gar nicht mehr, sonden sind Triathleten geworden....

Dein Kommentar

Du kannst jetzt schreiben und Dich später registrieren. Wenn Du ein Konto hast, melde Dich jetzt an, um unter Deinem Benutzernamen zu schreiben.

Gast
Auf dieses Thema antworten...

×   Du hast formatierten Text eingefügt.   Formatierung jetzt entfernen

Nur 75 Emojis sind erlaubt.

×   Dein Link wurde automatisch eingebettet.   Einbetten rückgängig machen und als Link darstellen

×   Dein vorheriger Inhalt wurde wiederhergestellt.   Editor leeren

×   Du kannst Bilder nicht direkt einfügen. Lade Bilder hoch oder lade sie von einer URL.

Teilen

• Neu erstellen...