Bikeboard.at Logo
+ Antworten
Ergebnis 1 bis 6 von 6
    Registrierter Benutzer
    User seit
    Feb 2015

Road biking in Austria near Salzburg

Hello everybody,

I'am not a German speaker sorry for that, I have to write in english.

Coming June 2015 I'am planning to come to Austria to ride "road bike" for two weeks. After some research I found this forum and decided to ask my questions.

I found http://www.rennrad-austria.at web site and it has been advised regions: Mondseeland, Attersee, Fuschlsee, Wolfgangsee, Salzburger Seenland, Eugendorf. Because I'am riding a road bike which town is suitable to stay and start riding. Is it better to stay at Eugendorf or a seaside town Attersee? I like to climb hills and I'am an average rider. I'm a man of 53 year's old.

I will travel to Salzburg airport, how is possible the transfer from the airport to Eugendorf or Attersee without a taxi? By bus or by train?

Do you suggest me another region for road biking? I always prefer regions not far from the airports.

Thanks in advance for your answers.
    Geändert von cleanton (09-02-2015 um 11:06 Uhr)

Registrierter Benutzer Avatar von MGERHARD
    User seit
    Dec 2006

Hello and welcome to austria

Hello,
    You can travel to Eugendorf by bus - have a look at http://www.oebb.at/en/index.jsp
    Eugendorf is nearer to Salzburg Airport - Attersee, Fuschlsee are also beautiful places, but greater distances from Airport.
    If you decided to any hotel in Salzkammergut area - ask also the hotel about the transfer from Salzburg Airport.
    "Salzkammergut area" (Attersee, Fuschlsee, Wolfgangsee, Mondsee,...) is a very beautiful area for road biking - so enyoj it!
    If you have any other questions, let us know......
    Kind regards....

Registrierter Benutzer
    User seit
    Feb 2015
    Thanks for the answer. I will travel with my bike travel case which my bike will be inside. The dimensions of the bike travel case are (W x H x D): 119 x 77 x 26 cm. Can I take this bike case in the bus with me?

Registrierter Benutzer Avatar von MGERHARD
    User seit
    Dec 2006

bike case

Hello,
    yes, you can take your bike case in Salzburgs "O-bus". Also normal bikes are possible.
    See http://www.salzburg-ag.at/verkehr/ob...-rechtliches-5 (sorry only german)
    Kind regards,
    Gerhard

Registrierter Benutzer
    User seit
    Feb 2015
    Dear MGERHARD,

I already planned my trip to Salzburg in June. I will stay in a hotel at Eugendorf.

Is Salzburg safe city regarding the bike thief? If I come to city center how can I protect my bike when I enter in a restaurant for having my lunch? Do I need to lock my bike.

Registrierter Benutzer
    User seit
    Apr 2006
    regarding bike thiefs salzburg is as any ohter city, sure you have to lock your bike!