Zum Inhalt springen

Die Setups der Pros

Inigo Montoya
 Teilen

Empfohlene Beiträge

• 2 Wochen später...

FINALLY! Atherton's New Downhill Bike Fully Revealed

Transkript:

hey guys gee atherton here you're watching vital and this is my new bike I'm 34 years old I weigh 83 kilos and I'm 6 foot 2 this is the Athens in bikes third prototype downhill bike the p3 and it is extra long I've been riding this model since the start of this year so a good few months now but we've been testing the previous versions of it into the end of last year so we've had quite a few iterations and quite a few versions of it Rio travel is 200 head angle is 63 obviously still a prototype somewhat we can change and the reach again prototype stage it's pretty long but that's something we're playing with a lot and will definitely change you my favorite part about it is by far the suspension platform the way it works the way it tracks the ground is incredible you know really as you're riding you can really feel it following the ground very stable it really gives you that confidence when you're riding and you know it's a type of bike that makes you feel quite brave and it really makes you want to ride on that on my edge the rear suspension on this bike is definitely one of the most impressive things about it it's designed by Dave wheel it's the DW 6 link a lot of people haven't spotted it a lot of people haven't seen the detail of the lower linkage but it works very well a very supple bike you know it's really quite sensitive off the top it has a bit of movement on the back wheel so as you hit bumps it doesn't kind of want to kick you forward there's no grabbing it kind of moves back with the bumps definitely one of the things that makes the bike feel so positive underneath you gives you that kind of confidence that I was talking about again they wiggle knows what he's talking about he's really good guy to work with and you know the the work we've done so far developing it is is it's been a lot of fun and it's been great to work on depending on the track depending on the conditions everything changes and you know the good thing about this bike is that you can you can make these small changes and it has quite a big difference so you're not stuck at one end of the scale or the other really compression and rebound preferences I run the compression settings quite open on high-speed like a lot of riders I think these days again low speeds adjusted depending on what type of track you're on rebound is pretty fast I'd say I imagine if the average guy got on my bike and felt it it would feel quite quite fast and quite lively it might be difficult to ride but again it helps with traction and if you can handle it it does help with your riding them in tire choice run the Continental Kaiser nice soft compound good sidewall to it pressures I'm quite low and always have been and you know it's something I've played with I've tried to go higher to help with rolling etcetera and I can just never feel comfortable so pressures I'm often as low as you know 23 psi which is on a World Cup circuit is is pretty low I think no inserts in these tires not a standard brew it's an upgrade I had to normal bruiser a tourney handlebars I'm running the rental fat bar I run them about seven ninety and it's a 30 mil right again it's a rental stem and I'm running the 50 mil as this is a prototype bike we we've allowed head tube to be wider so we can run long ahead cups in it which gives us six mil either way we can play with to make it longer or shorter or you can switch them to play with a head angle as well a bit that won't be on the final bike but whilst it's prototype phase we're just doing that to learn the numbers break leave a position I'm pretty standard really I'm running tricks tough breaks and that's the first time on this year and I can say they're by far the most powerful break I've ever used which is incredible and that allows me to run them nice and close to the bar in a real comfortable position because you don't have to allow for you know having a little bit extra to pull on or if it gets spongy or anything you know when you break the bite is right there and there's not too much force going through so you can just give it a little tap and you know the wheels fully locked up yeah grip choice for me as a funny one um I'm running the rental grips at the moment I'm on lock-ons but in the race season I don't like having the metal ends on the lock on because I ever hang my hands off the bar quite a lot so ends up sitting right in the palm and it's quite uncomfortable and rough tracks so join the race season I'm normally running the softer non lock-on grip but in the offseason when it's wet and I'm working on my own bikes a lot I just stick the lock on I think the thing I'm most particular about on the bike is feeling that traction on the ground and it's a real fine balance you know it's all about the how supple that suspension is off the top and things like tire pressure you know as soon as I start feeling like the bikes not quite sticking to the floor as well you know I start riding cautiously I'm not getting my weight on the front I'm not committing as much so it's a real fine balance and you know it can be as little as you know a couple of clicks out on the compression or you know maybe I'm running slightly up right one pound too much in the fork or the tire pressures slightly firm anything like that as soon as it starts feeling like it's kind of a bit skittering a bit nervous I start riding cautiously and that affects my riding quite a lot so the bike is made using additive manufacturing technology which is basically 3d printing using a laser made out of titanium basically the lugs are all kind of designed on the computer CAD design and then you can put that into the machine which then can print them up which allows the bike to be changed every time we make it you know you can you can alter literally any part of the bike head on or length reach BB height for every does every bite designed then the tubes the carbon tubes are connected to the to the lugs using something called a double lap shear joint which are then bonded together so very strong bike and allows a lot of change a lot of movement and a lot of freedom with the design I think because we've designed this bike from the ground up literally you know going off mine and Rich's feedback now there are so many little things we've changed just to make it how we want it you know how how we would choose if we could run anything in the world so you know it's we wanted nice and quiet we wanted it quite quite sensitive you know we wanted that suspension to really work and you don't want to kick in and Jackie and under-braking you know you want the bike to kind of feel like it's underneath you and you know feels like it's your bike and the more personal you can get that bike to feel the faster you're going to ride it so the switch Dathan and bikes came about this year obviously we were running Trek for quite a few years and you know it's going great great bunch of guys and you know really got on well with them but the dream of having our own bike brand had been in the pipeline for quite a long time and you know something we've always talked about and and dreamt of kept it quite quiet because obviously you know it's not something you can just decide to do overnight but you know last year we suddenly started to feel like we were more in a position where you know we might be able to do this it was it was at that stage where it was a dream - something we talked about a little bit more you know I'd be sat on a plane with Dan or H just chatting on the way home when we'd be talking about details how it could happen and you know as we went along suddenly more and more things start to fall into place you know people we met places we've been things we've seen things that started to allow us to see how this journey so to speak could happen and you know that's not something you pass up you know that's not something when you see how it could work you think no not for me because like I said it's a big deal for us and there was a point over over the winter we just had to think right we're doing this you know we had to jump in we had to commit to it we had to throw ourselves in and it was definitely pretty scary and you know in some respects it still is but also when I see how excited the whole team is about it and you know how into it everyone is and you know we've got an amazing crew of people on board and you know that motivates me so much to to see that and see how fired up the offering them at the end of last year you know our contract with Trek was up and we knew it was time for a big change you know I think that came from from both sides it was it was time for something fresh and you know we were talking with a few other people we were discussing the kind of options and you know there were options and choices of continuing down a classic route but you know like I said this dream we had was too much to pass up and you know when we saw how it could work and that that opportunity was there you know we had to take it and I'm so glad we did the bike had a huge bearing on that decision because you know that was that one of the key factors because we knew that me and Rach were still going to race and was still wanting to be competitive you know the World Cup is still a massive goal of both of ours and if we couldn't go into that without a bike that was competitive and fast and we knew could get a podium then I don't think we would have done this but that was definitely one of the things that we suddenly saw slot into place you know a way we could get that away we could make the bike work away we could be on a bike that was competitive and have our name on it and that was definitely one of the triggers so to speak that kind of made us jump into it which race am I looking forward to the most tricky one really I'd say for William you know I always say that but I think it's you know it's my favorite race it's amazing to be in front of a home crowd and you know I genuinely think this bike could perform really well at Fort William the way it tracks the way it's fast and aggressive on that kind of open rough stuff you know I think it's going to work well there so I can't wait to get up there and see what it can do the plan moving forward for Atherton bikes is obviously develop this down a bike into a bike that we can take to the World Cup circuit prove itself you know develop it into a fast bike and from there we have got trail bikes which we're already working on we've already been testing in various different travels and then from there we just moved forward with a different range of bikes you know whether it's ebike versions kids versions you know all different types of bikes with our goal is to basically create bikes that we would have wanted to ride at different stages of our lives and careers and you know that's the goal for Atherton bikes you
Bearbeitet von Inigo Montoya

• 3 Wochen später...

Bike Check: Phil Atwill’s Cube Two15 HPA 29 - iXS European Cup: Round 1 Maribor

https://m.pinkbike.com/news/bike-check-phil-atwills-cube-two15-hpa-29-ixs-european-cup-round-1-maribor.html

Kein Wunder dass er einen extra langen Rahmen bekommen hat wenn der XL Rahmen vom two15 nur 455 reach hat. Wird generell spannend zu sehen ob Atwill mit dem Bike etwas reißt. Der Test auf Pinkbike war ja nicht besonders positiv.

Bike Check: Phil Atwill’s Cube Two15 HPA 29 - iXS European Cup: Round 1 Maribor

https://m.pinkbike.com/news/bike-check-phil-atwills-cube-two15-hpa-29-ixs-european-cup-round-1-maribor.html

Kein Wunder dass er einen extra langen Rahmen bekommen hat wenn der XL Rahmen vom two15 nur 455 reach hat. Wird generell spannend zu sehen ob Atwill mit dem Bike etwas reißt. Der Test auf Pinkbike war ja nicht besonders positiv.

allzu schlecht dürfte er damit nicht zurecht kommen.

Bike Check: Danny Hart's 29/27.5" Saracen Myst - Maribor World Cup DH 2019

https://m.pinkbike.com/news/bike-check-danny-harts-saracen-myst-maribor.html

465mm reach bei 170cm Körpergröße. 460mm Kettenstreben. DHR2 vorne und hinten und ex471 mit 25mm Innenbreite.

Bearbeitet von Inigo Montoya

Maribor Pit Fotos

Boxengasse – Entscheiden Sie sich jetzt!

https://www.mtb-news.de/news/2019/04/26/downhill-world-cup-2019-maribor-boxengasse/

DH Bike Tech: What's New For This Season? - Maribor World Cup DH 2019

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/dh-bike-tech-whats-new-for-this-season-maribor-world-cup-2019.html

PIT BITS Part 1 - Maribor World Cup Downhill

https://www.vitalmtb.com/features/PIT-BITS-Maribor-World-Cup-Downhill,2668

PIT BITS Part 2 - Maribor World Cup Downhill

https://www.vitalmtb.com/features/PIT-BITS-Part-2-Maribor-World-Cup-Downhill,2670

• 3 Wochen später...
  • 2 Wochen später...

Boxengasse – Fort Willi wills wissen

https://www.mtb-news.de/news/2019/05/31/downhill-world-cup-2019-fort-william-boxengasse/#MS_Mondraker

ein paar nette bilder

Intense M29 von Aaron Gwin

https://www.mtb-news.de/news/2019/05/27/arbeitsgeraet-intense-m29-aaron-gwin/

Aron's gefladerte Rodel

Bike Check: Joe Barnes' Unique Orange Alpine 6

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/bike-check-joe-barnes-unique-orange-alpine-6.html

Englisches Bike italienisch gedämpft.

Dein Kommentar

Du kannst jetzt schreiben und Dich später registrieren. Wenn Du ein Konto hast, melde Dich jetzt an, um unter Deinem Benutzernamen zu schreiben.

Gast
Auf dieses Thema antworten...

×   Du hast formatierten Text eingefügt.   Formatierung jetzt entfernen

Nur 75 Emojis sind erlaubt.

×   Dein Link wurde automatisch eingebettet.   Einbetten rückgängig machen und als Link darstellen

×   Dein vorheriger Inhalt wurde wiederhergestellt.   Editor leeren

×   Du kannst Bilder nicht direkt einfügen. Lade Bilder hoch oder lade sie von einer URL.

Teilen

• Neu erstellen...