Zum Inhalt springen

Gewünschter MTB CheapTrick 29" bike

orange_bumblebe
 Teilen

Empfohlene Beiträge

Hello everyone!

Begging your pardon for writing in English, but this is the best way for me to express myself.

Just like many of us I am looking for "my perfect bike" and after a year of research I have come up with a virtual picture of such bike.

The problem is that I can not find one out there on the market.

So, let me share with you what I am looking for and perhaps some of you might have come across something similar.

So, "my perfect bike" is:

• Hardtail 29er with tubeless tires between 2.4..2.6 inches wide;
  • Has a reasonably aggressive trail geometry yet suitable for cross-country riding with head-tube angle between 67..68°;
  • Has a RockShox or Fox 34mm fork with desirably 120mm travel;
  • Has a 1 by 12 speed transmission such as Sram GX Eagle, desirable GX level or higher;
  • Has desirably internal cable routing;
  • Has a reasonably short stem between 35 and 50 mm.
  • Frame size between 51 and 53 cm.
  • Total weight is about 13.5 kg or less.
  • Total price is 2000Eur or less.

These parameters were inspired by several bikes such as cross-country CUBE Reaction Race and trail Trek Stache 9.7. So I started looking for something in between in terms of price and specs.

A bunch of bikes I found worth noticing are:

• Marin Nail Trail 7 is nearly perfect except transmission - it has 1 by 11 system, but the range is not wide enough and climbing might be a problem without a 50T cog.
  • Ghost ASKET 8.9 AL is close enough, but has max 46 cm frame, Suntour fork which imho might be a bit too stiff and is a bit expensive.
  • Ghost Kato X 6.9 AL 29 is even closer, but again - Suntour fork.
  • VOTEC VC Plus is all good, except it goes with 27.5+ tires instead of desired 29" and is also a bit expensive.
  • Whyte 909 is also very close, but it has 27.5+ tires and is not really available in Germany, or so it seems.
  • Whyte 629 is okay, but Sram NX is not good enough, also Whyte is hard to find in Germany.
  • Finally, CheapTrick 29" is available with Sram NX or as an assembly kit with Sram GX, but then it gets way more expensive and Trek Stache 9.7 starts to look way more attractive despite the price point.

So, please, feel free to comment and share your thoughts and recommendations regarding "my perfect bike".

Thank you!

Framesize in the sense of seattube length is mostly a useless term, unless you can't fit a proper dropper post anymore, because it is too long.

Seattubes got shorter over time, not because people are shrinking, just because dropper posts are really common in the meanwhile.

With 46cm seattube you can easily fit somebody with something up to around 90cm inseam length. More interesting is reach and stack (when standing - descending) and toptube length when seated.

How tall are you overall and whats your inseam length?

typical XC hardtails are still built around a steeper HA° and a longer stem, tend to have shorter toptube and reach compared to AM Hardtails.

Bearbeitet von grey

Gast artbrushing

It's a xc bike, but far away from an aggressive trail bike.

Magura mt4 and fox 32 is more for xc than hard trail riding.

I haven't found geometry infos on the website.

Don't think that this is the bike you are looking for.

Take a cheap trick and change the parts you don't like so much in the future.

11 gears are more than enough

I use e13 9/46 (511% range)

Buy 11 speed and upgrade a fitting kassette (don't know the word in english)

Important are geometry, fork and brakes.

where does Your "need a 12-gear" comes from? (do You have much speedy riding in the flat, thats the main "advantage", in my experience?)

Does that make the bike much more expensive?

what I have learned:

(considering 1chainring front)

MAXIMUM 28 teeth front is a must!!!

old bike - change from 2-gears front to 1 + 11:

cassette: 46-11

pedaling possible up to ~ 28-30 Km/h

(when there is longer gowing down on easy terrain, thats a bit akward)

new bike - direct change from eagle 12 to shim 11 (i just dont like sram shifters):

e-thirteen cassette with 46-9 teeth

pedaling possible up to ~ 40 km/h,

rest (low gears) comparable! --- "big" "jumps" between gears? --> dont feel so

... if there were a cassette with a number 10 (instead of the very seldomly used 9 ring) that were my ideal setup

now going to pack the old bike for todays ride; its a bit to warm, so that one should get muddy

:D

It's a xc bike, but far away from an aggressive trail bike.

Magura mt4 and fox 32 is more for xc than hard trail riding.

it has a F34, not F32.

Copperhead TRAIL RS 29 has a completely different geo than the xc copperhead. Didn't found a full geo table so far but 66° HA 450 Reach (M) and 420mm cst, which sound really good.

looks promising, didn't know that bulls has something useful now. :D

Dein Kommentar

Du kannst jetzt schreiben und Dich später registrieren. Wenn Du ein Konto hast, melde Dich jetzt an, um unter Deinem Benutzernamen zu schreiben.

Gast
Auf dieses Thema antworten...

×   Du hast formatierten Text eingefügt.   Formatierung jetzt entfernen

Nur 75 Emojis sind erlaubt.

×   Dein Link wurde automatisch eingebettet.   Einbetten rückgängig machen und als Link darstellen

×   Dein vorheriger Inhalt wurde wiederhergestellt.   Editor leeren

×   Du kannst Bilder nicht direkt einfügen. Lade Bilder hoch oder lade sie von einer URL.

Teilen

• Neu erstellen...