Zum Inhalt springen

29" Pilot vom Subaru Gary Fisher Team in Gosau am Start !!!

realbiker
 Teilen

Empfohlene Beiträge

Nat Ross (Subaru - Gary Fisher) startet bei der 24h-MTB-Europameisterschaft in Gosau

http://www.simonbarnes.net/gallery/gallery/albums/SSMM04/2000_G.jpg

Kein April-Scherz: Der 33-jährige Ausdauerspezialist vom Team Subaru-Gary Fisher Team wird am 18. Juni bei der 24-Stunden-Mountainbike-EM in Gosau an den Start gehen!

Der aus Winter Park in Colorado stammende US-Amerikaner konnte 2004 das 24-Stunden-Rennen von Moab gewinnen und bei den 24 Hours of Adrenaline World Solo Championships in Whistler Mountain (CAN) hinter Chris Eatough und Tinker Juarez den dritten Platz belegen.

Nat Ross (Subaru - Gary Fisher Mountainbike Team)

Der aus Winter Park in Colorado (USA) stammende Nat Ross wird am 8. Oktober diesen Jahres 34 Jahre alt.

Seit er 2003 von einem regionalen Team zum Subaru-Gary Fisher wechselte, konnte er für dieses Team einige Siege feiern. Der größte Triumph von Nat Ross war sicherlich der Sieg als Solofahrer bei den 24 Hours of Moab 2004, mit dem er den erstmals vergebenen Titel des "24 Hour NORBA National Champions" verliehen bekam.

http://www.simonbarnes.net/gallery/gallery/albums/SSMM04/Nat_Ross.jpg

Doch bereits in seiner ersten Saison beim Subaru Gary Fisher Team erreichte er bei vier von fünf 24-Stunden-Rennen bei denen er teilnahm, einen Podiumsplatz! Spätestens seit seinem Sieg bei der 24 Stunden Mountain Mayhem Global Challenge in Großbritannien und dem 2. Platz beim ersten NORBA Marathon Event in Durango zählt er zu den besten Mountainbike-Ausdauer-Sportlern der Welt.

Durch seine Erfolge stieg er bald zum Leader der Ausdauer-Fraktion des Subaru Gary Fisher Teams auf und hatte so einen wesentlichen Einfluss auf die Weiterentwicklung von Fisher Bikes und Bontrager Komponenten. Der 24-Stunden-Spezialist ist außerdem ein großer Anhänger von 29" Bikes, auf denen er bei den Ausdauerevents unterwegs ist.

In der bikefreien Zeit des Jahres beschäftigt sich Nat Ross mit seiner eigenen Produktionsfirma, die Telemark-Ski-Filme produziert und vertreibt.

Karrierehighlights von Nat Ross

- 1. 24 Hours of Moab

- 1. 24 Hours Championships Mountain Mayhem, England

- 3. 24 Hours World Championships, Whistler Mountain

- 1. 24 Hours Mountain Mayhem Global Challenge, England

- 2. NORBA 24 Hour National Championships, Spokane

- 2. NORBA NCS Marathon, Durango

- 3. 24 Hours World Championships, Whistler Mountain

- 3. 24 Hours of Moab

- 2. 24 Hours Gorge Games, Hood River

- 6. 24 Hours of Moab, Moab

http://www.bikemagic.com/ephotos/SSMM04/DSC_6188.JPG

• 1 Monat später...

Nat Ross Diary - Preparing for 24 Hour Solo Nationals and the European Championships

5/11/2005

So, with two weeks to go until the NORBA 24 Hour National Championships in Spokane, Washington, the pressure is high. It has been five years since I have won the Stars and Stripes Jersey. In fact to date, the jersey has been in my hands once, Tinker Juarez's twice, and Chris Eatough's twice. That's how fresh the 24 hour solo racing category is.

This year National Champs feature a fierce lineup including my teammate Cameron Chambers, Mark Hendershot, along with Tinker and Chris. The course at Spokane suits my style of racing and favors my big wheels. I race on 29-inch wheels and really feel like I have an advantage on this year's course because it is a full-throttle rolling singletrack.

Last year at Nationals I pedaled 304 miles in 24 Hours. So, what does it take to get ready for an event like this? Let's just say that it is not an easy task. For starters, I have been training non-stop since January. My whole training schedule centers on this race and the European Championships two weeks later.

My coach has me focusing more on speed-work and attacks this season. I've been more aggressive in my racing and that should help me tremendously come race day. I have been racing the NORBA marathons to get prepared as well as shorter mountain bike races, and the occasional road race. Right now, I'm ranked fourth overall in the NORBA Marathon standings. Just an example of my training--yesterday I rode for three hours to a road criterium. Raced, and then rode back home in the dark (total ride time 5.5 hrs).

This week alone I have already trained 22 hours and still have plenty of time remaining in the saddle. That is part of the training and work it takes to be competitive in a 24 hour solo race. But wait there's more.

They call it a solo race, but for those who have been there know that it is far from a solo effort. I have one of the best crews on the entire planet. My girlfriend Janis heads the crew, along with a great mechanic Brett and my manager, Jon. They will be awake the whole time working on my bikes, charging and changing my lights, preparing food, giving me splits, keeping me motivated, filling my hydration pack, getting me my necessary supplements, cheering, getting great play lists ready on my iPod, and handing me cans of Go Fast. I'm sure that I will keep them plenty busy with other tasks as well.

For the past couple of days I have been organizing my equipment in my garage. I have completely gone over all of my bikes, set up my night helmet with lights, tested and marked my Light and Motion batteries, organized everything including: chamois cream, salt tablets, gel flasks, CO2's, tubes, tires, spare bike parts, tools, drink mixes, packs, bladders, sunglasses, radios, cook wear/utensils, cook stove, coolers, lantern, headlights, food, clothes, shoes, pump, stand, storage bins, hangers, table and chairs, All this is supposed to fit into bins and then into my Subaru Outback and then into a 10X10 tent with my crew.

That's one of the reasons that these races are so crazy. I am sure that the racing alone is another, but we will let that speak for itself. I have one week left of training and then a taper week leading me to the big showdown.

So wish me luck. I know that I am ready this year, but I'm sure the other guys feel the same way. I've got faith in my ability, faith in my equipment, and most importantly, faith in my team. Stay tuned. I'm out.

(Quelle: http://www.fisherbikes.com) :devil:

nat_may2005.jpg

Dein Kommentar

Du kannst jetzt schreiben und Dich später registrieren. Wenn Du ein Konto hast, melde Dich jetzt an, um unter Deinem Benutzernamen zu schreiben.

Gast
Auf dieses Thema antworten...

×   Du hast formatierten Text eingefügt.   Formatierung jetzt entfernen

Nur 75 Emojis sind erlaubt.

×   Dein Link wurde automatisch eingebettet.   Einbetten rückgängig machen und als Link darstellen

×   Dein vorheriger Inhalt wurde wiederhergestellt.   Editor leeren

×   Du kannst Bilder nicht direkt einfügen. Lade Bilder hoch oder lade sie von einer URL.

Teilen

• Neu erstellen...